Thursday 15 January 2015

Task 7 Feedback





Feedback

To gain feedback I decided to create a survey on Survey Monkey. I decided to ask 4 questions in which would help me for this evaluation and feedback task.
I posted the YouTube link of my video on Facebook as well ass the survey in the same post. This meant the audience could watch the video of the game play and then answer the questions linked to the video.







Respondent 1 


Here are the results from this respondent. As you can see they think the models made are very good and have good detail. However, They think that the environment could be bigger as an improvement.






Respondent 2


Here are the results from the second respondent. As you can see they think the models are nicely constructed; But also say that the environment is to bumpy in some areas and that the terrain needs to be less bumpy.







Respondent 3



Here are the results from the third respondent. As you can see they like the fact that the environment is vibrant but then say that the environment could do with looking a bit more "lived in" as an improvement. 



Also, other people talked to me about my models and environment face to face and not over a survey or Facebook chat. Many people told me that they liked the idea of a Wild West environment and that my models looked good at suited the environment. They also gave me improvements such as "make the environment bigger" / and "smooth the terrain more so its looks more like sand"



Evaluation 

How I Dealt with this task 
Overall, this was a challenging Unit, but also a very productive Unit in which from I have learnt new skills such as better model building/ how to create FBX's how to add UV maps etc. I believe I have worked to the best of my abilities and stayed committed to the task. Overall, I believe staying focused has helped me do this Unit in the way I have.

Strengths - Weakness 
The designs I had created at the start of the project had mainly stayed the same and inspired me. Also from many of my ideas staying the same I could follow the ideas and use them as reliable research in which I could trust.
However some of my weakness was shown when UV mapping; mainly because this was the first project I had done which included UV mapping. Soon I got the hang of it and UV mapping became easier to do and I was progressing faster.

Sources I collected 
I collected many images in which would help me e.g. images of each model in which I could create using modeler. I also researched up more on Native American camping equipment e.g. Tee-pee tents,
From all the images I collected I sourced the links to the images as noted them down onto the task I was working on

Overall Models 
My models went as planned and I thought the models I made looked good overall. I also believe I added the correct texture to each of them; But next time I would probably push my self to create more models as I believe this would be good for me as it may improve my modeler skills. 

Overall Environment
I followed my initial ideas to create the environment as well as my models and I think that the overall environment looks good and is textured correctly. I think I smoothed and molded the terrain in the way I intended; But as an improvement I could probably add more realistic looking textures as the sand and grass were just texture automatically put into Unity. I could fulfill this next time by downloading some free textures fro the Unity store. 

My Time Management 
The time management I set changed vastly and so was not that accurate. However, by looking back at the time management table I could see what I had done and what needed to be done. Next time I may change the table ass I go so that I can keep on track in a more accurate way rather than making the schedule at the start and hoping that my plans will accurately follow it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment