Thursday 15 January 2015

Task 5 Environment Construction




I decided to portray my mapped ideas on to Unity and not use Layout. This was because my objects created on modeler needed to be placed onto a terrain with hills, sand etc. I thought Unity could supply me with most of my Terrain ideas and so this is why I used this.

I used a series of tools on Unity to modify the Terrain from my mapped ideas. I used tools to lift up the terrain and tools to smooth over the terrain to create a more sand like environment. I used the trees from Unity to place around my map.




I also placed in water on my terrain to portray the big lake idea that I had drawn up on my map. I used the paint tool to add grass and sand and picked a spot where my models could go as well as the farm, storage area and campsite.

From looking at my map, I created the terrain as shown. Now I had the environment, all I needed to do was place in my objects.






No comments:

Post a Comment